Friday 3 April 2015

 c h i l d 's    P L A Y


How many of us have been stopped in our tracks by a smiling cat? 
Well, I for one have been and she is right here on my desktop, making me smile each time I turn the monitor on :)

Delightful, rich, fresh and playful aptly describe Helen Dardik's illustrations. Flora, fauna (and happy people) populate her lovable graphics




 Mother to three, Helen has lived in Siberia and Israel before settling in Canada. Her illustrations bring back childhood memories of circus performances and being in the woods surrounded by nature.




I like the bold use of color in the lion print above. The bird print below is a sharp contrast - a folk approach to illustration.



 "I would describe my style as vibrant, folksy and playful.... I mainly work in vector using the magic of imagination combined with watercolor, oil, gouache, embroidery and vinyl. My inspiration comes from my childhood, my three girls, nature, vintage books and midcentury design." Helen Dardik



 These dolls are lovable! What a striking looking cat coming out of the equally striking Ikats.



Here are some products that Helen has illustrated for : Notebooks, tags, chocolates, coffee beans and more!



Helen's work displays her versatile approach to art. I have much enjoyed going through all these beautiful illustrations. Hope you too have!

Prints of Helen's artwork are available for purchase at her Etsy Shop.


All images: Helen Dardik
Text & creative layout copyrights: Onthedesignboat   

  "Like" our facebook page & stay connected with On the Design Boat 

No comments:

Post a Comment